My 2017 Christmas Card Tally

1 August 2013

Summer Holidays @ Heck of a Challenge

Hello everyone, so we are into August (holiday season) already - this year is just flying by!

This is a scheduled post today, as those of you who are on DTs with me will know, it's been a roller coaster of a month as my Husband has been diagnosed with cancer - it's been 7 years since he had a malignant melanoma and surgery and you always think that after being signed off a further 5 years later that it will never return, but unfortunately it returned in his lymph nodes in the groin area.  So after a biopsy and full body PET/CT scan, it was confirmed.  So we are on our 5th visit to the hospital today to see the Consultant and then in tomorrow morning for his operation to remove all the lymph nodes in that area.  Luckily it is contained and has not spread anywhere else.  As it is major surgery,  he will be in hospital for around 5-7 days and then a minimum of 6-8 weeks off work until a full recovery is made.

I have been and will continue to blog as normal, as this has helped me focus and take my mind off it all, crafting is certainly a distraction and I would like to thank everyone who has sent their good wishes so far, it means alot to me and my family.

So it's time for a new monthly challenge at a Heck of a Challenge and the theme for the month of August is:

"SUMMER HOLIDAY"

So let's see those Summery, Beach and Sea themed creations.

Here's my card:


Card Ingredients:

Pink Gem Designs Ice-Cream Chloe Stamp
Promarkers
Vintage Summer Fete Collection Papers - Free With Magazine
Hobby House Pearls
Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Die
Spellbinders Scallop Circles Die
Cardstock from Stash
Fiskars Scallop Punch
Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Kanban Greeting

As always we are sponsored by Every Crafts A Pound


One lucky winner will receive a £10.00 voucher to spend in the on-line store.

So what are you waiting for? Hop on over to the main challenge blog to take a look at the rest of the DT's fabulous creations.  We do hope you will find the time to join in with our challenge this month, it would be lovely if you could play along and don't forget you can create anything you fancy, as long as it fits in with the theme and the challenge rules.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges 196 Picnic Time
Dream Valley 62 Summer Days
Crafty Sentiments Summer Holiday
Shopping Our Stash 112 Use Your Oldest Punch

Thanks for popping in today have a great day.

Claire x

31 comments:

  1. Morning Claire

    Sending you and your husband massive hugs and positive vibes.

    I really wish you all the best.

    Glad to hear that crafting is helping you to think about something else which isnt easy.

    Great card as always.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Claire, that really is a rollercoaster and I send you hugs and best wishes. x

    This is a fab card, with really pretty, summery colours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire I am so so sorry to be reading this. Absolutely gutting news for you, your husband and families. As someone who has recently gone through this with my own husband (2 years ago) I can understand the turmoil you are going through and I know where you are coming from when you say your crafting and blogging help. Please accept my best wishes for your husband for his surgery and follow on treatment. The treatment available now is amazing and it certainly sounds a positive prognosis.

    Your card is marvellous! Sending hugs, Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire a gorgeous card, so sorry to hear your news, I haven't been blogging much mine have all been scheduled so just catching up, thinking of you and wishing him a speedy recovery.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Claire, sending you and Mark the biggest of hugs hunny and will keep you both in my prayers. Lovely summery card, although I am longing for snow now ..... xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect summery card Claire.

    Sending love and hugs to you and Mark.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all the treatment goes well for your husband Claire,
    Sending best wishes and hugs for both of you,
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. morning Claire - sending you all the positive vibes I can find - hope the treatment goes well! Big Hug to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Claire, thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog and I so hope everything will work out for the best with your husband's treatment. Thinking about you. Big hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute card, love the colors
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire.
    My heart goes out to you. I hope that your husband's op goes okay tomorrow and that he makes a really speedy recovery. Sending you big hugs and you look after yourself too.
    Your card is gorgeous. I love cute image and pretty papers.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear this news of Mark....... I pray for a positive outcome and send healing vibes. You are both in my thoughts,
    A very pretty card.
    Hugs Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such awful news Claire, I do wish your hubby a full recovery.....Love your card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Clair...lovely pretty card, good luck to your husband with the surgery and a speedy recovery. fingers crossed for no more roller coasters!! take care x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Claire, I like the sweet image, the paper and your design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis and pray the operation goes smoothly and successfully tomorrow. I just can't imagine what you're going through right now. Take care of yourself as well x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sweetie - I obviously already knew about this as I am on a DT with you. You have both been in my prayers since I found out and will continue do so. Make sure you don't get run down in health through this. Hope everything goes okay with the op and his recovering is quick.

    Your card is so gorgeous and summery.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous summery card Claire, so cute.
    Sending hugs to you and hubby, hope his op goes okay and he makes a really speedy recovery.
    Take care.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you and hoping that all goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. so sorry to hear about your husband claire , i hope his op goes well.
    your card is gorgeous, fabulous colours and i love the sweet image.


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sweetie I am so sorry to hear about your dear husband... I will think of you dear Claire... I am sending you a lot of big hugs...
    Your card is delicious by the way, you are right to keep crafting... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Claire, sending hugs and prayers to you and your husband. I do hope his surgery goes well and he has a speedy recovery.
    Adorable card I love the bright colors!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  23. just popping back Claire to say thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry to read this sad news Claire, I hope everything goes well tomorrow and Mark makes a speedy recovery.
    My thoughts will be with you and your family.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Claire ... I hope Mark is doing ok and the op went well...glad that the scan showed it hadn't spread further... it must be really stressful for you all.... take care of yourself too hun.... sending lots of healing hugs!!!
    I love your Summer themed card… what a fab image… she's very sweet and youv'e coloured her beautifully… I love the embossing and the bright and cheery colours!!
    I'm going to try and do a bit of crafting today... I'm SO tired with everything but I need to do something artistic and beautiful to take my mind off stuff.... ;-)
    Lots of Love
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. FIngers crossed everything went ok..have been thinking of you all.
    Your card is so cute and those papers are just perfect with the image ..mmm... could just eat an ice cream now lol
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What bright, summery colors! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely as always, Claire.. And wishing your husband speedy recovery
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  29. As you can probably tell I'm catching up with my comments (after a busy week) - hope you're bearing up with all the hospital visiting and that Mark is recovering well - keep up with the crafting - it will keep your mind focused - all this worry definitely hasn't affected your mojo - this is just so cute - I love the ice cream papers sending big hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just catching up after my holidays Claire. So sorry to read about Mark, I hope his op went well and his recovery is under way.
    Glad to hear your crafting is providing a distraction, your card is so sweet. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Claire, I'm sorry to read that you're both going through the mill again. Hope the surgery went OK and that he makes a speedy recovery.
    Lynne
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to leave me a comment - they make my day!

Copyright Information

All content including text, photographs and design work are © Claire Michele Designs. All rights reserved. Any designs posted are shared for personal inspiration use only and may not be copied for the purpose of publication, design team work, contest submissions or to gain a profit. Thank you for your understanding.