My 2017 Christmas Card Tally

2 August 2014

I'm Back & An Update

Hello my lovely crafty friends - I hope you are all well? 

I thought it was about time I popped in with an update and to say I hope to be back blogging a little more regularly now.  So sorry I haven't been stopping at your blogs to see you and your lovely creations.

Just so you are updated on my absence and following on from my post on 15th June, Mark had his full body PET scan back in June and although we knew the melanoma had returned in certain areas, we did not realise to what extent. Not only does he have tumors in his clavicle, neck front and back, but it is in his lungs, liver and spine. He is currently on biological chemo tablets and has also had two weeks of radio therapy. It is not curable, just manageable, the tablets will only work for a certain period of time, we then have other options of treatment, but these do not work for everyone. We have also been given a life expectancy, which we are not focusing on, but it does put this horrible disease into perspective. Mark gave up work at the beginning of July and luckily as I only work part-time and term time, I am able to spend as much time as possible with him and caring for him.

Mark will have monthly checks and another scan at 6 months, unless he has any adverse side effects or infections. We are both very positive and have dealt with the bad news and moved on, you have to remain focused as each day is so precious.

We are going to Cornwall in a few weeks time and I am also looking forward to next Saturday as I am going to the Great British Craft Festival with my fabulous friend Debs at Stoneleigh Park which is just 20 minutes away from me.  Looking forward to having a great catch up and hopefully getting my craft mojo back as I haven't crafted since Mark's diagnosis in early June.

I just want to thank you all for your lovely comments, personal messages via text, email and Facebook and your support, it truly does mean a lot to us both.

Please remember, don't be a stramger.

Hugs and love

Claire xx

28 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you Claire. It must have been very tough for you the last few weeks but so pleased to hear that you are both positive and looking forward.
    Your blogger friends aren't going anywhere and you certainly shouldn't worry about catching up with us. It will be lovely to see you crafting again when you feel up to it but till then, know I will be thinking of you. Have a fab day with Debs next weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya,

    So nice to see you back in blogland Claire, Im thinking of you both, Hope that you have a lovely time down in Cornwall,

    Big Hugs Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see you back Claire. I have been thinking of you both but didn't like to intrude on your space. I hope the weather is kind to you and you both have a super time in Cornwall. Also hope you have a super time with Debs sweetie.
    Big Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear from you Claire. I am sure you will have a super time with Debs. Have a lovely time in Cornwall too. Sending big hugs.
    Mags
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear from you Claire and to get an update, on how things are going for Mark. I have been thinking of you. Please be aware that we are all there in the background, sending every good and positive wish to you and Mark.
    Sending hugs,
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you both and hope you have a lovely time together in Cornwall x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire and Mark, keep positive and just know that I am thinking of you and thank you for the update. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to hear from you Claire my thoughts and prayers are with you both, hope you both have a wonderful time in Cornwall.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to hear from you Claire my thoughts and prayers are with you both, hope you both have a wonderful time in Cornwall.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Claire, lovely to see you back in blog land... Hope you both have a fantastic time in Cornwall. And I'm sure you will have a great day at the craft fair with debs..

    Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to hear from u Claire enjoy your time away and saviour every minute.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire, nice to see you popping in. Hope you have a fabulous time in Cornwall, fingers crossed for good weather for you. Enjoy the craft show too.
    Best wishes to you both.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to hear from you Claire, I am so sorry about the diagnosis for Mark, I am sure you will both stay positive, sending my love and my prayers for both of you.
    Hugs Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanted to send u both love and hugs. I dont know how you remain so positive but it can only be a good thing. Enjoy the craft fair and good to see u back!xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire, just saw your blog post. Don't know what to say really apart from best wishes to you both and I hope you enjoy your holidays.

    Thinking of you all,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sweetheart. Good to get an update on Mark and to hear you sounding so positive - I've no doubt that makes such a difference. Enjoy your day at the Craft Festival and stay strong - we are all here for you. Sending you a huge hug, Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Claire, lovely to hear from you. I have been thinking about you and Mark...sending my best wishes and big hugs to you.
    Hope you have a wonderful time in Cornwall and a great day with Debs.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello gorgeous lady, what a time you've had and how you are coping I don't know, you and Mark are amazing!!! I think of you both often and send you all my love xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to hear from you Claire and what to send my best wishes and hugs to you.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Words fail me.

    Sending you big hugs

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending you both love and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. My thoughts and prayers go out to you both. May you both have many many precious moments and l hope your trip to Cornwall and the craftfare turns out simply splendid. Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Claire nice to hear from you and to read that you are both staying focused and positive. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Claire nice to have an update. Live each day as it comes and enjoy every minute. Know many people, friends and strangers, pray for all of you. May your trip to Cornwall be all you wish for and full of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your positivity is so inspiring Claire. I've been keeping you both in my thoughts.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Claire,
    I've been thinking about you and am keeping you both in my prayers! glad that you are managing to stay positive hun.
    Hope you enjoy the Craft Festival on Saturday! and hope the holiday in Cornwall is relaxing - it will be a bit of respite for you both.
    Stay strong my friend!
    Lotsa Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh sweet, Claire, I can't imagine what you are going through but I can imagine that you are a great source of strength and comfort to poor Mark.

    Thinking of you.

    Big hugs, Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Claire,

    I am so impressed at your positive attitudes, you & Mark are an inspiration. I hope you both stay strong, enjoy every moment.

    Love & Hugs to you & your family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to leave me a comment - they make my day!

Copyright Information

All content including text, photographs and design work are © Claire Michele Designs. All rights reserved. Any designs posted are shared for personal inspiration use only and may not be copied for the purpose of publication, design team work, contest submissions or to gain a profit. Thank you for your understanding.